Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Process Of Goal Definition By John Tebar

John Tebar

One of major factors that become a stumbling block is we generally forget what the goal is. We already posses the ability to be, do and have anything we want. How do I know this? Well it is very simple. When we want to achieve a goal, we always strive to get it. There are few parameters that surround goal achievement that does not vary, no matter what you do.


You can achieve any goal that you want. I will give you the example of getting a drivers’ license. Remember when you were young and you just turned of age to get a drivers’ license? One of the things that happened was you got excited. You set the goal to get the license, not for the sake of having one, but for what it represented to you at the time.


Right before I even started my driving lessons, I was excited I could see and feel myself in possession of that license. Now, what was happening was that the license represented freedom, liberty to travel beyond a limited area, also to go where I want to go at any time. Wait you say, you don’t have a car and you have not even started your lessons yet. This is correct reality, my circumstances, resources were not even there. Yet I pushed to get that drivers’ license.


The goal was not to learn how to drive; the goal was to have in my possession the drivers’ license. Why did I want that drivers’ license? It is how it may me feel, pure and simple. Did I have to learn to drive? Of course, I had to go through the process or better yet through certain steps to get to the goal. The goal was the drivers’ license, the steps were to pass the written test, get the driving lessons, take the driving test and with a pass on all of these, then obtain the official license.


What was the process? It was these steps:


1) Know what you want


2) Get excited about it


3) Know, why you want it


4) Set your mind to it


5) Get on with the work


Here is your bonus this process is already in you. You own it and you can make it work for anything that you want. This is where it gets tricky, today you might want a fit body; tomorrow you want to be a daredevil, the next day you want to run for a government office. That is why we don’t get to our goals or anywhere close.


This does not require any circumstance or resource, you simply focus on what you want and fix your mind to it. You keep yourself excited and remind yourself about what achieving this goal represents to you. The more clarity the more steps you will achieve or go through at a faster pace.


This is why your vision of where you want to arrive is so important. The more clarity the more the desire, the more the desire the more order and movement results in that given direction. Remember that we can not outperform our self image; we can only change how we think about ourselves.


That power to achieve anything we want is already in our possession, we were born with it, we just have to learn how to use it effectively and that is my message.


Resource: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=208228&ca=Self

No comments:

Post a Comment